Sunday 11 March 2012

Green Doily Finished!

This is the doily I ended up with - thought I would go for something a bit different... an elongated diamond shape.  I made 25 medallions (7 with a centre and 18 without) and completed the doily with the border as in the pattern.

Finished Doily:  Motif no.17


It was a beautiful sunny day in the garden today so I took my pictures outside.  I love the combination of purple with green and I think the purple background behind the doily really brings out the brightness of the green.




Hope you're all having a pleasant and relaxing weekend.

Best wishes,

17 comments:

  1. Wunderschön!!
    Liebe Grüße von Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous doily...love seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the kind of person who would normally like something in green, but that REALLY looks nice! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. its center is fabulous. You can send me the pattern? my mail is riccardi49@gmail.com.Io can not download the pattern. I'm Italian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Wow, you're a quick tatter! Love the diamond shape it turned into.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doily is gorgeous! I love the way you tweaked the design to make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous! I really like the elongated diamond shape you chose, and the open bits in the pattern. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made the right decision to exclude the centre for the outlying motifs. I like the airy feel without the centres. I like the green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous totally gorgeous, well done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  10. Très joli ouvrage et les couleurs sont superbes!!!!
    Merci pour la petite note de printemps avec la jonquille....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ....what thread did you use? Green is one of my favorites and it is just lovely for spring and to use as you have pictured.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this! This looks really lovely. I want to make this now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!