Wednesday 4 July 2012

Beaded Shuttle Bags

If you remember, a little while ago I showed you the wonderful beaded shuttle bag Marie Smith had sent me as a gift.  Of course, I HAD to know how to make them!  Marie kindly shared the pattern with me.  And the pictures just don't do them justice:  these little bags are so wonderfully textured with the roundness of the beads that you have to hold one between your fingers to get how great they are.

I started tatting one straight away but wasn't happy with the first.  So these are the second and third bags I've done.  The grey-blue one still doesn't have its drawcord done.




Here's a close-up that better shows the beadwork.




I made a different ruffle on the blue-grey and will
probably make a different tassel for the drawcord too.



I love these bags and the bead technique would look nice for other projects too (brain cogs in motion...).

Best wishes,

21 comments:

  1. They are really wonderful! You've done such a great job with them! Is it a pattern that can be bought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. I'm greeeeeeen with jealousy now!!!! Is that Marie Smith from South Carolina? She's SUCH a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo....they are gorgeous!!! I would also like to know, as with Carol,if the pattern for the bag is available for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolivy and Tattabugg, I don't think Marie sells her patterns but I could ask her if she'd be happy for me to share it with you here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I hope so. Those are lovely, and I'd like to know how to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look gorgeous and just the right side. I'd also like to know how she made them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice bags, they look like they could be fun to make. yes, the pattern would be appreciated if Marie is willing to share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great....I would love to make some....do you think Marie would share the pattern with us?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shuttle bags are wonderful! I also hope Marie is willing to share the pattern. I would love to have one in blue! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love love them!!!!!Marie share the pattern and technique - pretty please with whipped cream and a cherry on top!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous - I also love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a reply from the wonderful Marie, she's happy for me to share her pattern! I'm away the next couple of days but will try to make a blogpost about it as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful! I'm very excited to see this wonderful pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely shuttle bags! Wow, and you are sharing the pattern?! Looking forward.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thx Marie. The bags are AWESOME!!!! I look forward to the pattern ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm adding myself to the list of people loving your beaded bags who would love to make my own ! I've been looking for an original project to get back to tatting, this might just be it ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shuttle bags!!!! Love to learn to make the bags has love to learn something new. Ty Marie for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!